Mindful Based Psychotherapy
Counseling for Addictive Behavior
I offer vital alternatives and additions to the traditional mundane "rehab" atmosphere.
Private Addiction Counseling page
Private Treatment for Addiction in Seattle
Patrick J. Hart Psy.D.
Private Unbiased Personal Assessment and Recommendations
Are you puzzled about the true meaning or distinction between substance abuse, chemical dependency, and formal drug addictions that involve true biophysical craving and excruciating physical withdrawal symptoms? Do you want to gain clarity and learn the difference? Do you really know what options are available? Are you willing to change, but have not yet found the solutions that will work for you?
I offer you a reasonable and realistic personal exploration . . .
Flexible Treatment Methods for Vital-Life Change
Are you ambivalent, unclear, or ashamed about the nature and severity of your pattern of alcohol or drug consumption or other addictive-compulsive behavior problems? Is this just a “bad habit” and your own personal problem, or are others negatively impacted by your use? Is your medical or mental health compromised? Could your professional reputation become jeopardized? Is your social wellbeing negatively influenced? Is your family suffering from your problems?
Private Counseling to Help You Prevent an Addictive Spiral
Honest Self Appraisal: I’ll help you make informed decisions about your ability to maintain safe, entirely fun, and “symptom free” patterns of alcohol or other drug consumption. We’ll determine if you are at high risk for developing a chemical dependency or if you can remain addiction-free, as a safe and fun-loving social and recreational user.
- Is your social or recreational use turning into substance abuse or leading to chemical dependency or full blown addiction?
- Are you trapped in a progressive spiral of behavior-related consequences that points toward physical withdrawal from chemical dependency?
- Can you handle this problem on your own? Could you learn skills to return to safe, completely fun, and consequence-free drug or alcohol use?
- Do you suffer from some form of mental problem or is this all about your abuse of chemicals? Are you actually “mentally ill” – or simply falling into addiction?
- Is your depression, anxiety, and panic caused by your substance use? Or the other way around?
- Will twelve-step programs like Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous work for you?
- Are you ready for Alanon or Codependents Anonymous? Will this help?
- Will your addicted loved one continue to deteriorate without formal help?
- Is your booze, cocaine, meth, or narcotic problem likely to get worse?
- What can you predict about your ongoing relationship with chemicals and their misuse?
- Is oxycontin really that addictive? Will this lead to street drugs or intravenous (needle) use?
- Are you at high risk for overdose or significant brain damage?
- Is family intervention effective? How can you know if intervention is a good idea?
- Can you be a safe and fun-loving recreational user?
Formal Addiction? ~ Chemical Dependency? ~ Simple Use or Misuse?
Is This Just a Bad Habit That is My Own Damned Business?
Is Social Use No Longer Fun?
Find Answers! Schedule a Confidential Substance Use Check-Up
Addictive Behavior Change!
Managing Unwanted Habits the Defeat Our Lives
Dr. Hart DOES NOT provide Washington State Certified evaluations for court-ordered DUI or drug-related deferred prosecution purposes. You may call for a referral to a Washington State registered intensive outpatient deferred prosecution treatment agency and referral to two-year, legally mandated drug and alcohol treatment programs.
National Institute On Drug Abuse
NIDA’s mission is to lead the Nation in bringing the power of science to bear on substance abuse and addiction. The NIDA mission has two critical components. The first is the strategic support and conduct of research across a broad range of health disciplines. The second is ensuring the rapid and effective dissemination and use of research results to significantly improve prevention, treatment, and policy as it relates to drug abuse and addiction problems.
The Science Behind the Problem:
Amphetamines of Speed: Cocaine, Crack, Methamphetamine, Meth, Crystal, Ice.
Narcotic Drug Family: Heroin, Opium, Oxycontin, Percocet, Percodan Pain Killers
Sedative Hypnotics: Benzodiazepine Valium, Atavan, Ambien, Marijuana, Alcohol
Hallucinogens: LSD, Ecstasy, MDA, MDMA, Cetamine