Drunk Driving Seattle: Before You Crash! DUI Seattle Lawyer Referral
DUI Arrest Counseling Seattle:
Helping You Rebound From Your Drunk Driving Arrest
Whether one has been arrested or not, the tendency to drive a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs is a profound warning signal that points toward a life-threatening, insidious, and predictably lethal illness.
If you have been arrested, your legal complications represent only a preliminary step in your road to personal stabilization and recovery. The legal difficulties that you have generated from your arrest will require the help of judicial authorities, treatment professionals, and expert legal counsel.
Are you seeking a remedy for your legal hangover?
- Mental health services for defendants charged with DUI
- Recovery assistance: rebounding from arrest and prosecution
- Alcohol drug treatment assessment – diagnostic evaluation
- What to expect – Where to go – Who to see – What to do
Safety Precautions: Prevent DUI in Seattle
In The United States of America, every 30-minutes someone is killed as a consequence of an alcohol-related motor vehicle crash. Countless more die from the complications of alcohol-related illness each day. It seems clear that no conscious individual willingly intends to create such carnage and destruction. Drunk driving fatalities too often manifest in unintentional suicide and negligent homicide.
Learn the Distinction: Abuse vs. Dependency
Alcohol dependency inevitably disintegrates families, cripples marriages, and dismantles otherwise vital career paths. Good people suffer from drinking problems and unintentionally harm innumerable innocent others. Drinking problems result from an illness that is easily minimized and readily denied by substance users and loved ones alike. Without appropriate treatment, alcohol-related disorders frequently culminate in a catastrophic and fatal disease.
Treatment: Helping You Find the Right Help
Fortunately, with appropriate intervention and care, alcohol and other drug problems can be successfully overcome. In order to halt progressive deterioration and unnecessary loss, effective help is imperative! The behavioral health practice of Dr. Patrick J. Hart provides confidential and individualized assistance to people who are earnest about saving their lives, relationships, and livelihoods from the ravages of alcohol abuse.
Arrest for Drunk Driving: Lawyer Referral for Legal Counsel
The behavior patterns that define chemical dependency are characterized by the individual’s inability to accurately predict the timing, amount, duration, or consequences of substance consumption. “The substance use is continued despite knowledge of having persistent or recurrent physical, legal, or psychological problems, and there is a persistent desire or unsuccessful efforts to cut down or control (i.e. predict) substance use. Furthermore, The substance is often taken in larger amounts or over a longer period than was intended.” (APA, 1994, p. 181).
Driving While Intoxicated: Are You Under the Influence?
The progressive nature of substance use disorders is incomprehensible to users and loved ones alike. For most of us, it seems strange that drug abuse is behavior that is beyond voluntary control, but that is the defining characteristic of substance abuse: drug compromised people continue, and even amplify, their use, despite increasingly devastating consequences such as arrest and prosecution for driving while intoxicated. If you are a repeat offender, you may find yourself in Seattle Drug Court and even incarcerated after your arrest for driving under the influence.
What Can I Expect Following My Arrest?
- Appearing in Court – What You Are Likely to Experience
- Sentencing Alternatives to Jail Time – Deferred Prosecution
- Mandated “In Home Incarceration” Electronic Monitoring
- Court Ordered Attendance at Alcoholics Anonymous
- Installation of Electronic “In Home Monitoring” Equipment
- How You Will Operate the Electronic Surveillance Monitor
- Automobile “Ignition Interlock” Breath Alcohol Analyzer
- Schedule Demands for “Work Release” In-Home Detention
- Blood Alcohol Level at Time of Arrest: Consequence Severity
- Revocation and Suspension of Drivers License Privileges
- Sentencing Guidelines – Matrix for Repeat Offenders
- Urinalysis Testing for the Presence of Drugs and Alcohol
- Limits of Confidentiality and Releases of DUI Information
- Beware! Electronic Monitor Dismantles Your Phone Services
Counseling to Help You Cope With Court Appearances
- Referral Contacts to Lawyers and Medical Experts
- Diagnostic Assessment and Candid Evaluation
- Detox and Treatment Matching Recommendations
- Relapse Prevention and Harm Reduction Strategies
- Sobriety Skills and Behavior Management Support
- Amelioration of Humiliation, Embarrassment, Shame
- Counseling Services for Families, Spouses, Children
Deferred Prosecution: Drunk Driving Arrest and the Law
Outpatient Treatment Matching: Alcohol Drug Assessment
Please recognize that if you are granted the option for “Deferred Prosecution” of your DUI offense, this will require a formal “State Registered Two-Year Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program.” My practice can assist you in choosing an appropriate State Certified Recovery Center, an attorney, or proper medical care.
However, I must emphasize that my practice does not offer formalized deferred prosecution two-year intensive treatment options!
As a psychotherapist I am prepared to assist you or your family with individualized mental health care and personalized treatment strategies for the resolution of substance abuse problems.
This counseling practice has been designed to help you restore your mental wellbeing and to help you make informed choices about your psychological and physical health. I will not willingly appear in court to testify on your behalf, nor will I present as a forensic specialist or character witness.
I hope to help you get your actions, intentions, and emotions back on track. I will assist you with coping skills that may help you rebound from your present legal and interpersonal crises.
As a psychotherapist, my role is to assist you in the maintaining safety, reestablishing control of your life, and helping you avoid the grueling travesties associated with drinking and other drug use. I am dedicated to the promotion of wellness. Consequentially, I will not help you maintain or protect your relationship with substance abuse. I hope to help you prevent further damage and demoralization by continued drug use.
Dr. Patrick J. Hart
Assessment and Treatment Matching for Inpatient
and Intensive Outpatient Programs
Drunk Driving DUI DWI Facts: Alcoholism & Substance Abuse
Seattle Washington DUI Lawyer Drunk Driving Defense DWI
Dangers of Driving Under the Influence of Marijuana
Drugged Driving: Information and Facts
Mothers Against Drunk Driving MADD
Every 30 Minutes Someone Dies in an Alcohol Related Crash
Alcohol-related motor vehicle crashes have killed nearly 150,000 people in the last decade. Alcohol is a factor in 6% of all traffic crashes, and over 40% of all fatal crashes.
- If you are drinking, do not drive. If you plan to drink, designate a non-drinking driver.
- Support the strengthening and vigorous enforcement of impaired-driving laws. These laws save lives.
- Young drivers are at particular risk of being involved in alcohol-related crashes. If there is a young driver in your family, strictly enforce a zero tolerance policy with respect to drinking. All states have a 21-year-old drinking age law.
- Your best defense against a drunk driver is wearing your safety belt.